Saturday, July 10, 2010

massive brown spider galore


So while residing in Tehachapi for the past few days, I've stumbled upon more than my fair share of spiders. I finally spotted the never tiring, web-spinning spider residing unwelcome in my car mirror for the past month. I discovered it to be more freakishly big than I had imagined, however it was nothing in comparison to the spider I nearly stepped barefoot on in our front entry way. The thing was a beast; I was thinking camel spider or brown recluse? I'm really not sure. I'm disturbed yet intrigued by its sheer size. We disposed of it, but the next day (yesterday), as I was returning home at 1 am, I saw something move across our front porch. Sure enough, it was another massive brown spider. As it turns out, my brother had just caught another one a few hours prior, and to his amusement, gave it a little earwig friend.


"Camel spiders top speed - 10 mph. Size: Up to 8 inches" - Facts

1 comment: